- Saturday, June 6, 2015
- Lake St. Clair Metropark will open at 7:30 a.m. for kayak & paddleboard drop-off, packet pick-up and race-day registration
- Participants will have the opportunity to drop off their kayak and paddleboards between 4:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. on Friday, June 5th. Packet pick-up and registration will also be available during this time.
- Registration: 7:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- 6 Mile SUP Race - 8:30 a.m.
- Duathlon (run portion) & 5K Run - 9:00 a.m.
- 2 Mile SUP Race - 11:00 a.m.
- Award Ceremony - 12:00 p.m.
- Breakfast served from: 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Lake St. Clair Metropark
31300 Metropolitan Parkway
Harrison Township, MI 48045
- Duathlon: Individual (kayak): 5k Run & 2-mile kayak
- Duathlon: Individual (stand-up paddleboard): 5k Run & 2-mile paddle
- Duathlon: Relay (kayak): This is a 2-person relay event. One team member completes the 5k run & the other team member completes the 2-mile kayak
- Duathlon: Relay (stand-up paddleboard): This is a 2-person relay event. One team member completes the 5k run & the other team member completes the 2-mile paddle.
- 5K Family Friendly Fun Run & Walk
- WPA Sanctioned 6-mile Stand-Up Paddleboarding Competition
- 2-mile recreational Stand-Up Paddleboarding Competition
Please stay tuned for detailed course maps.
- Duathlon Individual (Kayak & SUP): $40.00 (before April 6th) $45.00 (April 6th – June 5th)
- Duathlon Relay (Kayak & SUP): $60.00 (before April 5th) $70.00 (April 6th – June 5th)
- 5K Fun Run & Walk: $30.00 (before April 6th) $35.00 (April 6th – June 5th)
- 2-mile Recreational Stand Up Paddleboarding Competition: $30.00 (before April 6th) $35.00 (April 6th – June 5th)
- 6-mile WPA Sanctioned Stand Up Paddleboarding Competition: $40.00 (before April 6th) $45.00 (April 6th – June 5th)
Online registration closes Tuesday, June 2nd at 5:00 p.m.
On-site registration and packet pick-up will be available from 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. on Friday, June 5th and from 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Saturday, June 6th.
Please note if you register for the event after June 2nd you will not be guaranteed a Race Shirt. All entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Duathlon Kayak: First, Second and Third Overall Male and Female. First male and female in age groups 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64,65-69, 70 and over.
- Duathlon Stand Up Paddle Board
- Duathlon Relay (Kayak): First place team
- Duathlon Relay (Stand Up Paddleboard): First place team
- 5K Run: First, Second and Third Overall Male and Female. First male and female in age groups 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64,65-69, 70 and over.
Facilities and Parking:
Lake St. Clair Metropark offers parking onsite, as well as a large spectator area for the event; participants are encouraged to bring family and friends to cheer them on while they race. The park charges a $7.00 daily entry fee per car, once inside the park visitors may stay the entire day. Lake St. Clair Metropark offers concessions, restrooms, a pool/waterslide, a beach and swimming area, and sand volleyball courts—all free to the public once inside the park.
The Athlete Guide is available for download.
Timing & Results:
Timing & Results will be provided by Newton Timing & Race Services using ChronoTrack Systems. Results will be posted continuously during the event for review. Complete results will be posted online promptly after the event on this website.
If you or your organization would like to volunteer to assist with Sprint and Splash at Lake St. Clair, please visit our volunteer registration page. There are various volunteer opportunities available.