- Saturday, June 7, 2014
- Each individual event will begin as listed.
- 6 Mile SUP: 8:30am
- Duathlon: 8:45am
- 5K Run/Walk: 8:45am
- 2 Mile SUP: 10:45am
- Lake St. Clair Metropark will open at 7:15 a.m. for kayak/paddleboard drop-off, packet pick-up and race-day registration.
- Participants will have the opportunity to drop off their kayak between 4:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. on Friday, June 6th. Packet pick-up and registration will also be available during this time.
Lake St. Clair Metropark
31300 Metropolitan Parkway
Harrison Township, MI 48045
- Duathlon:5K Run and 2 Mile Kayak (this race will be available to do as an individual or as a two-person relay ream)
- 5K Family Friendly Fun Run & Walk
- Stand Up Paddleboarding Competition: 2 Mile Recreational or 6 Mile WPA Sanctioned
A detailed course map is available for download.Please note that the kayak portion has been shortened to 2 miles this year!
- Duathlon Individual: $35.00 (Before April 7th) $40.00 (April 7– June 7, 2014)
- Duathlon Relay: $50.00 (Before April 7th) $60.00 (April 7-June 7, 2014)
- 5K Fun Run & Walk: $25.00 (Before April 7th) $30.00 (April 7 – June 7th, 2014). Children 10 & under $20.00.
- SUP 2 Mile Recreational: $25.00 (Before April 7th) $30.00 (April 7 – June 7, 2014)
- SUP 6 Mile WPA Sanctioned: $35.00 (Before April 7th) $40.00 (April 7 – June 7, 2014)
Online registration closes Tuesday, June 3rd at 5:00 p.m.
On-site registration and packet pick-up will be available from 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. on Friday, June 6th and from 7:15 a.m. – 8:15 a.m. Saturday, June 7th.
Please note if you register for the event after June 3rd you will not be guaranteed a Race Shirt.
All entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Duathlon: First, Second and Third Overall Male and Female. First male and female in age groups 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64,65-69, 70 and over.
- Duathlon Relay: First place team
- 5K Run: First, Second and Third Overall Male and Female. First male and female in age groups 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64,65-69, 70 and over.
Facilities and Parking:
Lake St. Clair Metropark offers parking onsite, as well as a large spectator area for the event; participants are encouraged to bring family and friends to cheer them on while they race. The park charges a $5.00 daily entry fee per car, once inside the park visitors may stay the entire day. Lake St. Clair Metropark offers concessions, restrooms, a pool/waterslide, a beach and swimming area, and sand volleyball courts—all free to the public once inside the park.
**Lake St. Clair Metropark will be undergoing parking lot construction this spring and summer. We will continue to update participants on the status of construction and if it effects parking on race-day**
The Athlete Guide is available for download.
Timing & Results:
Timing & Results will be provided by Race Services Company using ChronoTrack Systems. Results will be posted continuously during the event for review. Complete results will be posted online promptly after the event on www.sprintandsplash.com and www.raceservices.com.
Volunteer & Sponsorship Opportunities:
If you or your organization would like to volunteer to assist with Sprint and Splash at Lake St. Clair, please visit our volunteer registration page. There are various volunteer opportunities available.